Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Running #17

Today's Run:
Distance: 8 km
Time: 50 min 32 sec

Outdoor. Very disappointed with the time. Happy to finish, but I've not done such a slow run for ages. A below 10km/h run.

There are two possible factors that I can attribute this to, three actually:
  1. Heat
  2. Humidity
  3. I've recently stopped taking the protein supplement I've been having for the past six months. I think the supplements really make a difference. You lift heavier at the gym for sure. Now it seems it helps you run faster too. The nutritionist at the gym told me to get started on it way back because I'm vegetarian. But I've always felt it's better to be 100% natural. I don't want to get to a stage where I'm dependent on protein supplements. If that means I have to work harder for the same result, so be it.

7 comments:

Mee said...

From whr I am, I c u as a masochist :-)u gotta be kidding that run was no good! think again! for someone who hates walking what you did was like climbing mt everest!:-)

Welcome to the growing world of vegetarians, as a fellow vegetarian - I totally agree with you, no supplements is ever good, go for all natural always
:-)

Ajeya said...

mee... lol! masochist?!? :) Yay for veggies! :) Check this link out... http://animalssavetheplanet.com when you've the time. Funny yet thoughtful.

Mee said...

Yea these are humourous tips from animals thru videos and stuff right?:-) Seen it a while back, will check it again, ty!

Ajeya said...

yeah. oh ok. cool :)

Mee said...

Ever been to that soam restau opp babulnath temple? We went thr today for an awesome lunch:-)Makes you fall in love with veg food all over again!

Ajeya said...

Soam!!! Soooo many times! I love it ya! :D Such yummy food! And it's a bit different from Swati also. Lucky you! :)

Mee said...

yea:-) swati i've kinda got a bit bored with , if u knw wat I mean?:-)