Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tinkering

I spent a good part of yesterday tinkering on the Internet. Here's what I discovered through my Internet guru, Mandar:

1. Foxmarks: If you use Mozilla, you can save your Bookmarks (a.k.a. Favorites for IE users) online using Foxmarks. What that means is that you can import your bookmarked links from your office computer to any other computer (or vice-versa) without having to visit any of the many many bookmarked links again. Basically, you're Bookmarks are accessible no matter which computer you work on. Such a boon! Sorry if you're already familiar with this stuff, I'm a bit of a novice here.

2. Del.icio.us: A great place to post links that are interesting, but may not be bookmark-worthy. Again, very very useful.

3. RSS Feeds: I finally understood, somewhat, RSS feeds and how I could use them. I'm currently experimenting with an RSS feed from the BBC Football website. You can see it in the column on the right below the hit counter. Quite interesting.

I am also a recent convert to Firefox and I love it! Three cheers for Firefox 3! :)

4 comments:

Mee said...

I use firefox, I know mozzila and deliciuos, tell me more on rss feed pls?! How does one activate that on blogs? Am told that once I have rss feed set, let's say on highway to nowhere, then if you write a new post, the rss feed will automatically let me read it when I switch on the comp- but have not figured this yet:(

Ajeya said...

mee... ooh. i haven't figured out rss feeds on the comp yet. but you can activate rss feeds to your blog. do it through the settings/layout option from your blogger dashboard. choose an rss feed you want from whatever site, copy the url of the rss feed and paste it into the text-entry field where blogger asks you to put it in. not sure if i was clear. try it out. it isn't too tough.

Mee said...

:( vry confusing

Ajeya said...

mee... hmm, I thought as much. Explaining this kind of stuff through comments is a bit tough. :(