- Lying in a hammock by the Kerala backwaters reading a book for hours.
- Checking out Opus in Bangalore with cousins to bring in a birthday. Went there on a... what was it... yeah, Wednesday night. There was some karaoke competition on and it was pretty good! Good music, good fun! Thanks Haathi! :)
- The boat ride through the canals in Kumarakom, Kerala.
- Dancing to a Daler Mehendi CD on repeat in Thrissur with inebriated uncles, aunts, cousins and oldies. The night ended with some disco Mallu music!
- An evening swim in Kerala alone in the pool. Therapeutic. I don't remember the last time I swam and it felt great to get some exercise during the holiday. I need to start swimming!
- Dealing with travel decisions where everyone in the family would suggest something different and everyone would end up annoyed. *Rolls eyes* It's funny looking back, but trust me, I had to do a LOT of deep, controlled breathing to stay calm :)
- Travelling with kids can be a pain in the ass.
- Visiting the beautiful temple in Thrissur. What a relief to go to a clean, well-maintained temple!
- Stopping by Kaladi. The birth place of Sri Adi Shankaracharya, one of the greatest minds India has ever produced. The place had such a beautiful vibe. The temple bells, the running river, the chanting of the shlokas... felt blessed to have been there.
All in all, a very good holiday and wonder of wonders, I'm actually glad to be back at work. I hope some good projects come my way. Here's to a happy summer holiday season! :)