Sunday, February 19, 2006

Back Home

I got home a few hours ago from Mol Master's wedding and needless to say we had an absolute blast! It was a to-die-for experience and it started from the time we stepped into the resort till the time we left this morning.

Friday was unforgettable. It was my first experience at a typical loud Indian wedding. I come from a South Indian family, conservative and a bit stuffy. You have to dress 'correctly', speak 'correctly' and do bunch of other stuff, well, 'correctly'! Anyway, Friday night was the sangeet and dandiya night. And what a night it was. I don't remember exactly what happened after a certain point of time (yes, white wine tastes rather good at hillstations) but I did manage to hit on the hottest women around. I made precisely three attempts. I managed to drive two of them away but the third was successul, relatively :) That done, a couple of friends and me set the dance floor on fire. Totally grooving it up! Aside: I'm yet to see exactly what we did on that festive night. Await wedding video.

Saturday was nice. I woke at the break of dawn, yeah right, but I did wake up at 7.15 am for some unfathomable reason bounding with energy. So I wandered around Mahabaleshwar at 7.30 am in the cold weather desperately seeking the sunlight. It was nice. Some time to myself, to think about stuff and of course the events that preceded that wonderful morning. By the time I returned, more of the gang was up and we spent the rest of day playing cricket, football and watching some of us roll joints :) Quite nice. The baraat and pheras happened in the evening and the place was tastefully decorated. Mol Master looked quite sharp and his wife looked wonderful too.

So that's pretty much what happened there. On a more serious note, it was an emotional moment for all of us who've known him for over 20 years. A bittersweet feeling. On the one hand we knew that things would never be the same again while on the other, we knew that this was what he wanted (or so we hope). Whatever it is, I am sure he's happy with his decision. Good luck to Mol Master, my brother-in-arms. Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »