Monday, June 27, 2005

Something Amiss

I've been thinking a lot about what has been stressing me out lately and I've figured out one of the reasons. It's that I haven't been giving my best to everything I do. I was lying in bed last night, staring at the ceiling and trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I realised I was annoying myself because of my laziness. When I do a bad, half-hearted job of something, deep down I know it's wrong, I know I haven't given my best and that's what kills me. I don't want to do a half-hearted job at anything anymore. I'm not saying I'll change overnight, but I really want to start taking up fewer things and do them well. The problem now is that I try and do too many things and do all of them half-heartedly. Now I've come to a stage where I'm saying to myself 'Enough of this shit.' I'm going to try and approach life with a new perspective, after all, as Mahatma Gandhi said 'Work is worship.' I want my work to be a labour of love, not a chore.

No comments: