Monday, June 20, 2005

Of Monsoons and Traffic Jams

The traffic-jam at 8 a.m. on Monday morning is an ominous sign of things to come. The gentle showers of the early morning seemed to have thrown traffic completely out of gear and the police had lost control. It was a free-for-all! I did get to office, eventually!

Let's hope things pick up at work. I have been gainfully unemployed over the past week wandering about the office project-less. Rumour has it that we 'free resources' will be re-assigned this week. I think I have had my fair share of shooting the breeze. Time to get on to some serious business.

The good part about the weekend was that it ushered in the monsoon. The city has a washed look and the trees look a vibrant green (atleast around where I live). I actually enjoyed my drive to work, despite the traffic jam. Cloudy skies, good music and a comfortable ride. What more can one ask for?

Oh by the way, I'm going to buy my mom a clothes dryer. It feels good to be able to give something back to my parents. Really excited about it!

No comments: