Monday, March 17, 2008

Juno

One of the... I'm looking for the word... rraawwllrrraall... I can't find a word for it... nicest(?) movies I've seen in a while.

I loved the dialogue, the Americanisms (Leah: It's probably just a food baby. Did you have a big lunch? Juno MacGuff: No, this is not a food baby all right? I've taken like three pregnancy tests, and I'm forshizz up the spout.), the humour, the emotion and the treatment of the subject of teen pregnancy.

Juno is way cute. Bleeker is well, Bleeker. You have to see him to believe it. In Juno's words, he's the cheese in her macaroni! :)

Her relationship with her father and step-mom is weirdly beautiful. One of my favourite scenes is when Juno asks her dad if two people in love can really stay together.

For the record, I believe they can. :) Do watch!
P.S. Orange Tic Tacs rule! :)

4 comments:

Revati Upadhya said...

i loved the movie!
i loved the story.
i loved the fact that its about so much more than a teenage pregnancy that makes someones life go haywire.
it had me choked up in more than one part :)
best movie iv seen in a long time!

Revati Upadhya said...

i recognised the song!! and sang along when the movie ended!

Ajeya said...

you did?!? so some of my friends also came to pune last weekend and we drove around town yelling our guts out singing "tu tu du du du du du du du du du..." haha!

Anonymous said...

hey ajeya - it's priya from bangalore :) just found your blog - great stuff. i loved juno (both movie and soundtrack) as well - one of those movies that manages to say a lot without actually saying any of it explicitly. it manages being both sweet and ridiculously funny at the same time :)