Friday, March 02, 2007

I Really Do Wish

Life has been moving at pace way to fast for me in the last month. Lots of family dinners celebrating the engagement and simply unreal work pressure. I haven't had too much time with myself. Alone, quiet moments in the evening by the sea at Cuffe Parade overlooking Nariman Point and Queen's Necklace. Watching the lights twinkle in distance. Listening to the voices of the ocean waves.

Instead, it's been a big flurry of activity. Most of it fun and some not-so-fun. The only time I usually get to spend with myself is on my long drive to and from work. Music has been my only solace.

Today's drive was sad though. Maybe it was my dream about my father. Having to say bye to him as he seemed to be floating away and there was nothing to do but stand and watch. It was a really sad dream. And while I was thinking of all this, Floyd came up on the mp3 player with 'Wish you were here'. It made me think of Papa even more and I sang to him...

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

I really do wish

6 comments:

Alexys Fairfield said...

Ajeya,
Your father will always be with you in spirit, watching over you. You will know he is there because of signs such as songs, jolts of memories and God's gentle wave of love. He is always with you.

Revati Upadhya said...

im sure he's watching down on you and he's really happy for you.
sometimes the simples lyrics of some silly can mean so much.
i hope you're doing good. congrats again! i heard the engagement was beautiful.

ramblingmuse said...

*hugs* to you, my friend!

Your writing...it simply describes life. Live it, breathe it, and let yourself be.

Many thoughts and prayers are with you, your bride-to-be ;) and your family.

Be well...!

Satandit said...

~~Hey....am sure your dad is looking down at you,being happy for you and so very proud of you...

Hugs for anytime,my friend~~

Queenmatrai said...

My thoughts are with you

noojes

Ajeya said...

alexys... :) thank you

haathi... i hope he is :) yeah, i'm doing good. it did go off smoothly, thanks!

RM... *hugs* always a pleasure to hear from you! thank you

satandit... *hugs* thanks so much! :)

noojes... thank you. tell me when you're up to leos/mondys ya!