Monday, February 16, 2009

A Long Time Coming

It's been a long time coming, this post. There's been too much happening through the week and on weekends, I don't feel like coming back to a screen. More than anything, I think my blogging suffered a brief dip in motivation.

The marathon this year was challenging. I don't think I was fit enough or motivated enough. I found running an effort. I missed playing football, so while heart was on the football pitch, my legs were on Marine Drive. I guess it reflected in my time for the 21 km run, I managed 2 hours 11 minutes and 48 seconds. That's about 11 minutes slower than last year so it hurt my ego initially. At the end of the race though, I felt good I had kept my promise to myself to run the race and complete it. I don't know if I'll run the marathon again next year or ever again. I'll make that decision when I need to.

Otherwise, work is going reasonably well. Interesting projects, a lot of work for me and a fair bit of multi-tasking, something that is new to me. Nothing to complain about in these times of global economic gloom.

As for married life? So far, so good. :) That's my verdict. The happiness and the challenges it offers you are incomparable really. Exhilarating at times, frustrating at others... but definitely worth it. :)

I can say one thing for sure, marriage has done my football a lot of good! :) I'm just loving being out on the ground 3-4 times a week, running all over the place and scoring more than the odd goal. ;) I don't know what it is, but I'm just super motivated to play football these days. My long-term football objective is to get on the amateur team at my neighbourhood park next year. We'll see how that comes along.

I've been away too long to pack in all that's happened into this post but I think I will be more regular with posts. I feel like writing.

2 comments:

Satandit said...

~Hey You !! You sure took your time...am glad things are working out in your marriage,it takes time to build a relationship that is beyond just the label 'spouse'; and the fun part is in the fighting and making up;talking;crying...well you get it !! Am also glad that you feel like writing, cuz I was wondering what was up with you....
You take care, and good luck in getting into your neighbourhood park football league...See ya around here...~

Mee said...

Hey dude congratulations!! wish you all the happiness and more goals everytime!:)