Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Fruit of Dedication

While the country basks, vicariously, in A.R. Rahman's and Resul Pookutty's glory, the achievement almost seemed to be a reflection of a train of thought that has been running through my head for a while; the fruit of dedication.

Often, when I introspect and attempt to examine my life objectively, one of the most interesting observations I've made is the effect dedicated effort has on me, the actor i.e. the person propagating the action whomsoever it may be.

Whether it's my work, running, playing football or relationships, dedication and giving my best has always made a world of a difference. When I don't give my best, there are three things that happen:
1. I think about the fruit of the action more than the action itself.
2. The action/effort lacks that edge.
3. I feel unhappy because deep down I know I haven't given my best.

On the other hand, when I do act with dedication and my 100%, those same three reactions turn the other side of their respective coins as it were:
1. Because I derive joy from the action itself my mind doesn't need to go to the fruit in search of more happiness.
2. The action/effort is incisive, effective and more often than not, achieves its objective.
3. There is a sense of calm because I know I have given my everything.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Even the most insignificant actions performed dedicatedly give immense satisfaction. The very satisfaction that I seek every moment of my life. The difficulty though, is being able to perform at that high level thought after thought, action after action.

I realise I'm not writing anything extraordinary or hitherto undiscovered, but it's a thought that's been playing in my head for a while now.

4 comments:

Satandit said...

~Bro, anything however insignificant it may seem, done with a 100% of dedication, honesty,integrity and heart..can never be unsatisfying. Even the smallest of deeds/actions/words take on significance. These are things which let us sleep well at night, and night-after-night. And hey, even if this wasnt a 'eureka!!' thought...its a thought, and thats what we blog-family have !!
Cheers~

Mee said...

As an aside, totally tangential Twitter allows you to speak your thoughts:)

And Ajeya life would become very mechanical and monotonous if we had play the same tune. The idea of 'working at it' is to fine tune, sharpen, and reach heights! But not to be always at an optimum level, that defeats the purpose of absorbing, sharing, interacting, learning, surpassing..

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Only the willingness to debate and respect each other’s views keeps the spirit of democracy and freedom alive. Keep up the good work. Hey, by the way, do you mind taking a look at this new website www.indianewsupdates.com . It has various interesting sections. You can also participate in the OPINION POLL in this website. There is one OPINION POLL for each section. You can also comment on its news and feature articles.

You also get Live Cricket , News Updates, Opinion Polls, Movie Reviews and Mobile Phone Reviews in this website.


Kindly go through the entire website. Who knows, it might just have the right kind of stuff that you are looking for. If you like this website, can you please recommend it to at least 5 of your friends. Your little help would help us in a big way.

You can use the exclusive content of our website in your blog (those that are not taken from news agencies). Of course we would appreciate you you mentioned the name of our website in credits. Thank you,

The Future Mantra

Alice said...

This is a really a fruit of love and devoted. To bad that this fruit is more hard to find every day.