Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Almost dumped

Yeah, that's what's happened in my life. I've almost been dumped by my girlfriend. I see it coming in the next week. She's going to call me and tell me 'Ajeya, I don't think I can do this anymore.' or something like that.

We've been going out for more than 5 years now. I don't know how life is going to be after this. It's just that you get used to being with a certain person. I'm going to have to let go of all the memories and all the baggage that I've accumulated witht this relationship. Don't get me wrong. I'm really sad. But I guess life has to move on. She's doing her PhD at a university in the U.S. while I'm here in India getting something started on my own. (I quit my job, last week, yeah, feels good!) I always thought it was going to last and be a long-term thing but I guess life has a funny way. It's going to be difficult, the next few weeks, but I'm going to hang in there, keep my chin up, and do what I have to do.

Like Patty Smyth sang, sometimes love just ain't enough. Cheers Patty! I know how it feels.

No comments: