Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Evening

It's been a strange day.

I left home late because I got home late from work last night. Traffic was a bitch. Work, today, was annoying because, like yesterday, I had to wait for 4 hours for other people to finish their work before I could go on with mine. Traffic was a bigger bitch on the way home because the wimpy Chief Minister of Maharashtra's (equivalent to the Governor of a state in the US) son decided to get married. Then I stayed home instead of going out with my friends which I usually do. Now I'm writing this post at 11.16 p.m.

But I'm still feeling good.

How weird is that! I've been good this week somehow. Feeling less rushed. More in control.

Right now, I'm in this happy haze. Grateful for having a decent job (that still pisses me off every now and then). Having such wonderful people at work to hang out with. I really mean that. I don't have to pretend to be this corporate wanker. Instead, I can just be the wanker that I am. No politicking, no games.

Grateful for having these crazy friends outside work who I would trust my life with.

Grateful for all the special people who have been part of my life and gone on. Every one of them has touched my life in ways they will never know.

Grateful to my mother for being who she is. Tough, yet gentle.

And finally, grateful to that unknown force that keeps this crazy world going. Thank you.

I couldn't ask for anything more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if, rather than get frustrated at the traffic, you choose to see the extra time you had to yourself as a blessing? What if you evolved to believe everything that happens to you is a blessing in disguise? What if you managed to shift your awareness away from generating negative energy and channelled your energy instead ot only loving, uplifting thoughts? You would never sense anything bad.

Ajeya said...

1. What if, rather than get frustrated at the traffic, you choose to see the extra time you had to yourself as a blessing?
I manage that sometimes. But I falter when it's really insane. Like not moving an inch for 20 minutes.
2. What if you evolved to believe everything that happens to you is a blessing in disguise? That is what I believe. Sometimes not at that very moment, but at the end of the day, I truly believe they're all blessings.
3. What if you managed to shift your awareness away from generating negative energy and channelled your energy instead ot only loving, uplifting thoughts? Ooh, tough one. :)