21 kms. 2 hours and 2 seconds. Next year will be a sub-2 hour run for sure.
Some of the sights and sounds as I ran (some in my head):
- The loud Punjabi bhangra at Fountain
- Thousands of feet pounding the streets of Mumbai at 6.45 on a Sunday morning
- The Navy brass band at Marine Drive
- Fellow runners from the gym cheering each other on as we crossed each other
- Watching in awe as the Kenyans whooshed by at nearly 17 km/h at Haji Ali
- Struggling on the uphill on the way back at Peddar Road
- Looking out for the water counters on the way
- Turning the corner at Babulnath on the way back knowing I was on the home stretch
- The thought of slowing down near Chowpatty with 4 kms to go.
- Can't slow down now
- Running on empty as I see the finish line in the distance
- An eternity passes until, at last, I am back where I began